Ahhh, the joys of living in Singapore. The hot and humid weather, the delicious food, and the wide array of pests that can find their way into your home! Here, we talk about 5 different type of bugs found in mattresses , these pests are not just your typical houseguests. Unfortunately, poor hygiene and Singapore’s warm climate provide the perfect environment for these uninvited visitors to thrive. So if you find yourself with an increasing number of bugs in your mattress, it’s time to take action!
5 Types Of Bugs Found In Mattresses
Image by parkwaypest
1. Bed Bugs: Bed bugs are small, flat, oval-shaped insects that feed on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded animals. They typically hide in mattresses, furniture, and carpets, and come out at night to feed. Bed bugs found in mattresses can cause an itchy, red rash on your skin, and can be difficult to get rid of. If you have a bed bug infestation, it’s important to take quick action to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with your sleep.
Image by healthymouthmedia
2. Dust Mites: Dust mites are microscopic bugs that live in mattresses, bedding, furniture, carpets, and curtains. They feed on dead skin cells and produce allergens that can cause skin irritation, sneezing, and asthma. If you’re allergic to dust mites, it’s important to take steps to reduce their population in your home to ensure that you are able to sleep comfortably. A quick way to know if dust mites are affecting you, is when you wake up with rashes on your skin.
3. Fleas: Fleas are small, wingless insects that feed on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded animals. They can cause itchy, red bites on your skin, and can spread disease. If you have a flea infestation, it’s important to take quick action to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with your sleep.
Image by blakelayton
4. Carpet Beetles: Carpet beetles are small, round insects with black, brown, or yellow spots on their backs. They feed on natural fibers such as wool, silk, and feathers, and can cause damage to your carpets and furniture. If you have a carpet beetle infestation, it’s important to take quick action to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with your sleep.
Image by bedbugsinsider
5. Ticks: Ticks are small, eight-legged parasites that feed on the blood of humans and other animals. They can transmit a variety of diseases, including Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. If you have a tick infestation, it’s important to take quick action to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with your sleep.
What are some steps you can take immediately to get rid of them?
Discovering bugs in mattresses and upholstery can be an unsettling experience, but it is important to take the necessary steps to make sure the infestation is properly identified and eradicated. Here is a guide to the process to take when discovering bugs found in mattresses.
1. Identify the Bug: The first step is to identify the bug in question. Common pests found in mattresses include bedbugs, dust mites, fleas, and ticks. Carefully inspect the mattress for any visible signs of the pest, such as shed skins, excrement, or live bugs. It may be helpful to take a picture of the bug and compare it to online images of common household pests to help with identification.
2. Isolate the Infestation: Once the bug has been identified, it is important to isolate the infestation in order to prevent the bugs from spreading to other areas of the home. If possible, move the mattress to an isolated area of the home and seal off the room with plastic sheeting.
3. Properly Dispose of the Mattress: Once the infestation has been identified and isolated, it is essential to properly dispose of the mattress to prevent the spread of the bugs. If the mattress is still in good condition, it can be donated to a local charity or recycling center. If it is beyond repair, it should be disposed of in a sealed plastic bag.
4. Clean and Disinfect the Area: After the mattress has been disposed of, the area should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Wash all bedding, linens, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest heat setting. Vacuum the area and mop the floors with a disinfectant or steam-clean the carpets.
5. Seek Professional Assistance: If the infestation is severe, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance. A mattress cleaning company in Singapore can provide a more in-depth inspection of the area and may be able to provide treatments to eliminate the pest.
Discovering bugs in mattresses can be a frightening experience, but it is important to take the necessary steps to properly identify and eliminate the infestation. By following this guide, you can ensure the bugs are dealt with in a safe and effective manner.
If the infestation continues to persist, hire the big guns!
If you have tried all methods and the bugs do not seem to go away, It is time to hire a professional mattress cleaning company like cleanLAD to help restore your mattress to its former glory. Bugs found in mattresses can cause a variety of issues, from health risks to physical damage. From dust mites to bed bugs, these pests can cause serious problems for your home and health.
DIY cleaning methods and products are often effective in the early stages of infestation but if the infestation has worsened, hiring a mattress deep cleaning service provider like cleanLAD can ensure that your mattress is in good hands. We offer a complete elimination of any pests living in your mattress or upholstery. We have a wide range of services to choose such as steaming or deep water extraction, making sure that your mattress will be refreshed and sanitized.
We are also available 24/7 for any emergencies or questions that you may have. You may contact us by clicking here for WhatsApp or email us at email@example.com